Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes - The Loop
Do you like this video?
- Though unable to act for two turns, Dormant minions tout powerful stats and effects once they escape their ephemeral bonds.
Dormant is an ability that allows a minion to become Permanent until a condition is fulfilled.
- Dormant minions, or minions affected by Dormant keyword, do not reset nor effect enchantments when awakened.
- For example, an that was copied by will awaken as a 1/1.
- Exceptions are Deathrattles that summon separate Dormant tokens that transform into copies of their original selves ( and ).
- Minions will always start Dormant until their condition is fulfilled, no matter how they were summoned.
- The exception is when the player copies a Dormant minion that has already awakened.
- Dormant minions with no way to awaken themselves cannot be randomly summoned or transformed into ( and ).
- Dormant minions which awaken by themselves over a set number of turns trigger the countdown to their awakening at the start of the controller's turn.
- If a Dormant minion with an on-awaken effect is made Dormant again (e.g. by Maiev Shadowsong), its on-awaken effect will trigger again after the second awakening.
- can counter dormant minions. However, in special situations, if cards have been made dormant by other cards like and they are played while still dormant, Blademaster Okani will use its counter but do nothing.
Cards with Dormant
Sources of Dormant
This section lists cards which generate Dormant cards.
- The Ashes of Outland Dormant mechanic first appeared on the Taverns of Time card . However, it was still slightly different since it used a token minion for the Dormant effect rather than enforcing a Dormant state.
- Patch 22.214.171.124003 (2021-01-21): Fixed a visual bug where transforming a Dormant minion could make it appear to retain buffs while Dormant.
- Patch 126.96.36.199222 (2020-03-26): Keyword added. can no longer be randomly summoned on the board.
- Patch 188.8.131.5236 (2017-04-04): Added.