|Set:||Mean Streets of Gadgetzan|
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Copy, Summon|
"Every me, get in here!"
How to get
- The 'copies' summoned by this minion's Battlecry are in fact distinct uncollectible minions. However, they will copy the stats and enchantments of the Doppelgangster, and have the same base stats.
- The two copies look identical, but are in fact separate cards in the game data, with different quotes (see below).
- Whichever Doppelgangster is played (either the original card or one of the uncollectible cards), its Battlecry will summon copies of the two other versions, meaning all three versions will always be summoned.
- The two copies are summoned in sequence, first directly on the left of the original Doppelgangster, then secondly directly on the right.
- If the battlecry of Doppelgangster is copied onto another minion (such as Shudderwock), that minion will summon copies of itself rather than the other two Doppelgangsters.
By itself, Doppelgangster is a decent minion, being equivalent to a neutral Force of Nature in minion form. However, this minion can be very powerful in combination with cards that buff minions in your hand, multiplying each such effect by a factor of three. Even a single +1/+1 effect makes it above average for its cost, and a greatly buffed Doppelgangster can be a win condition in itself. Examples include a Paladin deck centered around Val'anyr, or a deck using the various Grimy Goons handbuffs.
Doppelgangster also works well with Evolve, which can be used to spawn three 6-Mana minions with just two cards.
This card has especially good synergy with Blubber Baron: since they all have the Battlecry ability, both the original Doppleganster and each copy will activate the Baron's effect in turn. Note that summoning the copies will not trigger effects such as Rumbling Elemental that require Battlecry minions to be played from the hand.
- Get 'em, boys.
- All fer one!
- Seeing triple?
- Seeing triple?
- Such a shame.
- A pity.
While the Doppelgangster appears to be a simple dwarf, his Battlecry reveals a dark secret. Commanding a pair of n'raqi (faceless ones), the dwarf clearly has friends in some very low places, or possibly is one of the n'raqi himself. The latter notion is supported by his unusual appearance, namely his glowing orange eyes (while dark dwarves possess glowing red eyes, they also have dark gray skin, a trait not exhibited by the Doppelgangster).
- This minion's name is an obvious pun on "doppelgänger" and "gangster".
- The Doppelgangster's flavor text is a reference to the Grim Patron's effect trigger quote.
- The original Doppelgangster's attack quote is a reference to The Three Musketeers, appropriate given the number of the company and their choice of weapons.
- Patch 220.127.116.1190 (2016-11-29): Added.