- "Is this the end? Our heroes can't fly. They fall like shooting stars. Will anyone survive? (DRAGONS! DRAGONS!) Dragons take flight above the ice and snow, high in the sky where the cold wind blows, wings beat down as they beat back foes, flaming-hot fire over frozen bones! Good unites against evil they oppose, they ride and die as the legends grow! We must all choose sides, villains or heroes. There are no sidelines in this combat zone! Feats midair, yeah it's a chiller. Life or death, yeah it's a killer. They go round and round as the beatdown pounds, aerial thrills, yeah it's a thriller! Skies fill with trauma in all of this drama, portending an impending end! Crash down! It's dragons in dragons' descent!"
|Ann. date:||November 1, 2019|
|Release date:||December 10, 2019|
|Year of the Gryphon, Descent of Dragons is now a Wild format card set, which means cards from the Descent of Dragons will no longer be playable in Standard format matches. For more information, see Game format.|
Following the League of E.V.I.L.'s attack on Uldum, which was thwarted by the League of Explorers, the two teams head to Dragonblight, where the League of E.V.I.L. is plotting to resurrect the proto-dragon Galakrond in an attempt to bend him to their will. Once again, , , and must do battle with the villains and put an end to their heinous scheme once and for all.
- 1 How to get
- 2 Cards
- 3 Themes
- 4 Galakrond's Awakening
- 5 Teasers
- 6 Gallery
- 7 References
How to get
Descent of Dragons craftable cards can be obtained by one of the following methods:
- Opening card packs with the usual prices and purchasing options
- Crafting for the usual amounts of Arcane Dust depending on the cards' rarity
- Uncraftable cards
These specific cards can be obtained through other means. For more information, see individual articles.
- Regular Galakrond, the Unspeakable
- Regular Galakrond, the Nightmare
- Regular Galakrond, the Tempest
- Regular Galakrond, the Wretched
- Regular Galakrond, the Unbreakable
- Regular Shield of Galakrond
- These cards are uncraftable, but can be obtained by other ways.
- Prior to the expansion's release, players are able to purchase one or both of the following bundles:
- The Descent of Dragons Bundle comes with 60 Descent of Dragons card packs, the unique The Shattering card back, and a random Descent of Dragons golden Legendary card.
- The Descent of Dragons Mega Bundle comes with 100 Descent of Dragons card packs, the unique The Shattering card back, a random Descent of Dragons golden Legendary card, and the alternate warrior hero Deathwing.
This expansion features 140 collectible cards. Descent of Dragons cards can be recognized with a special watermark (a dragon's wing) behind the card text, not found on other cards.
To reinforce the theme of aerial combat in the skies of Dragonblight, many minions in this set are flying creatures or machines, or people riding them. Apart from the titular dragons, examples include:
All five members of the League of E.V.I.L. can summon a unique version of Galakrond, the mightiest dragon in Azeroth’s history. Utter the precursor dragon’s name with the new Invoke keyword to upgrade his Hero card and amplify his strength.
Smaller Quests that can be completed for a reward, but don't start in your opening hand.
By Muradin’s Beard, that’s a lot of dragons!
Unleash draconic fury with breath cards that become more powerful while holding a Dragon.
The four classes representing the League of Explorers get relatively cheap Dragons that discover other Dragons.
- Main article: Galakrond's Awakening
Heroes and villains clash in the skies above Dragonblight in this epic two-sided story-driven adventure. 
Galakrond's Awakening is the single-player content for Descent of Dragons. Unlike previous entries, Galakrond's Awakening is a standalone Adventure that features new 35 collectible cards. It was released January 21st, 2020.
On February 28th, 2019, Blizzard announced the changes and new content planned for the Year of the Dragon, the fourth year of standard format. The accompanying video included a teaser image for the planned three expansions of the year, with the third expansion being denoted with a glowing orange object and scorched wood.
On October 28th, Blizzard released a short teaser video in which Madame Lazul—dressed in winter clothing—discusses the possibility of two different endings to the standard year's final expansion, with the ultimate victor being "chosen by you". All the while, Lazul's crystal ball shows a glimpse of the frozen wastes of the Dragonblight in Northrend, with Galakrond's Rest, Wyrmrest Temple, and the League of E.V.I.L.'s headquarters of Dalaran all prominently visible.
The expansion was officially unveiled on November 1st at Blizzcon 2019.
- Concept art
- Hearthstone Update - December 5 - Descent of Dragons. (December 5, 2019). Retrieved on 2019-12-06.
- Hearthstone (2019-02-28). Hearthside Chat: Welcome to the Year of the Dragon. YouTube. Retrieved on 2019-07-14.
(Expansions / Adventures / Mini-sets)