He stole the deed to town years ago, so technically the town is his. He just calls people Scrub to be mean.
How to get
|Card packs||Regular, Golden||1~2|
The Defias Ringleader and his Defias Bandits are an infamous early-game play for many rogue decks. While their low Health provides minimal resistance to removal, they can offer a decent amount of damage output if left unchecked.
However, if the rogue does not make use of the Combo effect, this card produces only a very lackluster 2/2 for 2 mana. Cheap spells such as and , or other low-cost minions are vital in activating the Combo effect.
Another trick is to use a return to hand effect such as 's Battlecry to return the Ringleader to the hand, allowing multiple Bandits in total to be summoned through the one Ringleader. In theory, a rogue with The Coin and 2 x could use all four cards to play the Ringleader three times on turn 1, resulting in a 2/2 Ringleader and three 2/1 Bandits on the board at the end of their first turn. This type of play can provide a very powerful start to the game, but also risks failure at the hands of early removal such as .
- This is our town, scrub.
- You lookin' at me?
- The Defias Brotherhood is a group of assassins, thieves, and pirates that seeks to overthrow the Kingdom of Stormwind. They are based primary in Westfall, an area not easily protected by the Stormwind Army.
It is possible that the town referred to in the card's summon quote is Moonbrook, which was Defias-controlled prior to Edwin VanCleef's defeat.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "March of the Legion" series, for the card On the Brink.
- Year of the Gryphon rotation (2021-03-30): Moved from Classic to Legacy set.
- Patch 126.96.36.19990 (2013-10-02): Now has 2 health, down from 3. Combo: Summon a 2/1 . [2 mana, 2 attack, 2 health, Common]
- Unknown alpha patch: changed from a 2/2 to a 2/1.
- Alpha patch (unknown date) suggests this change had already happened: / Old description: 'Combo: Summon a 2/2 Defias Bandit.' / New description: 'Combo: Summon a 2/1 Defias Bandit.'