Defender of Argus
|See other versions: BG Regular and BG Gold|
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Increment attribute|
|Tags:||Positional effect, Taunt-granting|
Battlecry: Give adjacent minions +1/+1 and Taunt.
You wouldn’t think that Argus would need this much defending. But it does.
Other versions[edit | edit source]
How to get[edit | edit source]
Defender of Argus can be obtained through Classic card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Regular Defender of Argus can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of a Ranked season.
|Defender of Argus||100||20|
|Golden Defender of Argus||800||100|
Core set[edit | edit source]
Two copies of golden Defender of Argus (Core) are obtained for winning 1000 games across all classes.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
While the Defender of Argus has poor stats for its cost, the powerful Battlecry more than makes up for this by reshaping the board upon play. Extra points in Attack are always welcome, but creating a double defence from enemy attack will force your opponent to re-assess their strategy. This is especially effective against aggro decks, which will have to sacrifice additional cards and minions to break through the Taunt.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Lore[edit | edit source]
- The Hand of Argus is an organization of draenei paladins and vindicators that serve as the primary military and police force of the Exodar. Their presence is strongest in Bloodmyst Isle, where the greatest of the corruption on the Azuremyst Isles has taken hold.
- The Hand of Argus is led by the Triumvirate of the Hand — Vindicators Boros, Kuros and Aesom. They are stationed in Blood Watch on Bloodmyst Isle. However, despite remaining mostly on Bloodmyst Isle, the Hand's agents have been seen in Ashenvale and Nagrand.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Aside from its obvious in-universe meaning, this card's summoning quote might reference S.H.I.E.L.D (Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division) and A.R.G.U.S. (Advanced Research Group Uniting Super-Humans), two fictional agencies from the Marvel and DC universes.
- Its attacking quote "Into the breach" may be a reference to Shakespeare's Henry the Fifth, act 3 scene 1, where King Henry says "Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more unto the breach."
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Servants of the Betrayer" series, for the card Antikron the Unyielding.