Deck of Wonders
Shuffle 5 Scrolls into your deck. When drawn, cast a random spell.
|Set:||Kobolds & Catacombs|
|Abilities:||Generate, Shuffle into deck|
|Wiki tags:||Casts When Drawn-generating, Spell-generating|
"Pick a card, any card. Wait! No! Not that one!" - Last words of previous owner
How to get
|Deck of Wonders||400||100|
|Golden Deck of Wonders||1600||400|
- Scroll of Wonder does not resolve its effect until after a card is drawn with no pending effects. This means any on-draw card effect like another Scroll of Wonder will not check the minion's death state before activating its effect, causing behavior such as targeting already dead minions.
- The Scrolls of Wonder are not considered to be cast by the player, and so do not count towards "whenever you cast a spell" effects like Flamewaker or towards quest progress for Open the Waygate.
Please add any available information to this section.
- At one point during development, Deck of Wonders cast all of its random spells right away, but the developers considered it to be too similar to Yogg-Saron, Hope's End, and it was also really high variance when compared to having several individual spells. Having Deck of Wonders instead create 5 separate spells also lessened the chance of having it simply clear the board right away. Deck of Wonders' mana cost varied somewhat during development as well, but the team ultimately settled on 5 mana as the right number due to synergy with cards like Arcane Tyrant.
- The cardback emblem on the pictured deck belongs to the Kirin Tor.
- Deck of Wonders is likely a reference to the deck of many things from Dungeons & Dragons.
- Daniel Tack (2017-11-29). Check Out This Exclusive Hearthstone Kobolds and Catacombs Card Reveal - Features - www.GameInformer.com. Retrieved on 2017-11-29.