Once the noble Aspect of Earth, he has betrayed his charge, becoming bent on destruction.
- For Deathwing's other appearances, see Deathwing (disambiguation).
|Phase 1||Phase 2||Phase 3|
The below classes are listed purely for reference, and have no effect on the boss' use of the cards during the battle.
|Dragon Roar||2||Wild Elemental||2|
|Burning Tendon||3||Shaman||Earth Shock||2|
|Ravenous Drake||1||Lightning Bolt||1|
|Hideous Amalgamation||3||Storm's Wrath||2|
|Mage||Dragon's Breath||2||Surging Tempest||2|
|Smolderthorn Lancer||1||Feral Spirit||2|
|Dragonmaw Scorcher||1||Lightning Storm||1|
- The player always gets Wild Elemental, Arid Stormer, Rockbiter Weapon on mulligan.
- The player always draws the cards on first eleven turns in next order:
- Turn 1 - Alexstrasza
- Turn 2 - Rockbiter Weapon
- Turn 3 - Marshspawn
- Turn 4 - Lightning Storm
- Turn 5 - Nozdormu
- Turn 6 - Doomhammer
- Turn 7 - Feral Spirit
- Turn 8 - Stormstrike
- Turn 9 - Marshspawn
- Turn 10 - Kalecgos
- Turn 11 - Ysera
- If all copies of the cards above were got on mulligan or drawn earlier using other cards, the player will draw the card that follows the "missing" card in the corresponding turn.
- Boss starts with Ultraxion on the board.
- After Ultraxion is destroyed, Warmaster Blackhorn and two whelps on either side of it are spawned.
- Boss is Immune until Ultraxion and Warmaster Blackhorn are alive.
- Boss' Hero Power depends on the current Health.
- If it is between 101-200, it uses Phase 1's Hero Power.
- If it is between 52-100, it uses Phase 2's.
- If it is below 51, it uses Phase 3's.
- The battle ends with the player victory when Deathwing's health reaches 10 or less.
- Thrall (present)
- ▶️Our triumph heralded a new era. As Warchief, I kept peace with the Alliance, while listening to the many voices within the Horde.
- ▶️But eventually, a new voice called to me. The cries of the elements drew me from my position as warchief...
- ▶️I passed the mantle of leadership to Grommash's son, Garrosh Hellscream. And I left to discover what had caused the elements' suffering.
- ▶️It was Deathwing. Years after his defeat, the great corrupted Aspect made his return.
Boss' turn 1
- ▶️You shall burn as Azeroth itself does...
- ▶️I will cleanse whatever corruption I can.
- ▶️I am inevitable... indomitable!
- ▶️Your armor means nothing, your faith even less!
- ▶️He is completely mad.
Deathwing switches to phase 3
- ▶️Deathwing's summoning of the final Cataclysm will destroy all life on Azeroth. Quickly, we must interrupt him.
Deathwing at 10 Health or less
- ▶️Aspects, I call upon your aid!
- ▶️We shall channel our power into the Dragon Soul!
- Thrall is equipped with Dragon Soul
- ▶️Strike true, Thrall! This moment can never be undone!
- Thrall deals 10 damage to Deathwing
- ▶️I will destroy all other creatures who yet draw breath...
- Deathwing the Destroyer, formerly known as Neltharion the Earth-Warder, was one of the five Dragon Aspects and leader of the black dragonflight. Thousands of years ago, Neltharion was empowered by the Titans with dominion over the earth and the deep places of Azeroth. However, driven mad by the Old Gods especially N'Zoth, he turned against the other Aspects during the War of the Ancients. eventually abandoning his title of Aspect of Earth in favor of being the Aspect of Death. Among both mortals and dragons his name became one whispered with a feeling of fear and contempt.
- The black aspect involved himself in the Second War, adopting the form of Lord Daval Prestor in order to destroy the Alliance from within. He also managed to turn his greatest enemy, Alexstrasza, into a slave of the Horde, with which he later allied himself. After a series of setbacks, culminating in his defeat at the hands of the other Aspects, Deathwing retreated to the elemental plane of Deepholm to recuperate. From there, he observed his former mate Sintharia's experiments with the twilight dragonflight in Grim Batol.
- Though believed dead by many, Deathwing returned in spectacular fashion after the fall of the Lich King. His wrath resulted in the Shattering, which reshaped the map of Azeroth and unleashed widespread destruction; as the world reeled, he also appeared and brought flame to various regions of Azeroth. His ultimate goal was to bring about the Hour of Twilight - the final end of all life on Azeroth. To that end, he was aided by powerful allies, minions of his Old God masters. These included the warped ogre-mage Cho'gall and his Twilight's Hammer cult, the powerful Elemental Lords Al'Akir and Ragnaros, and the Neferset tol'vir of Uldum.
- Uniting their powers, the remaining Dragon Aspects sent adventurers to brave the unstable paths of the Caverns of Time to retrieve the Dragon Soul, an ancient artifact crafted by Deathwing himself ten thousand years earlier and destroyed shortly after the Second War, and believed to be the only means of defeating him. With the weapon secure, the Aspects took the battle to their corrupted brother, with the orc shaman Thrall as the wielder of the Soul, now imbued with Deathwing's essence - the very essence of the earth itself. After laying siege to the Wyrmrest Temple and unleashing his most powerful minions, Deathwing took to the skies, until he was blasted into the Maelstrom by the powers of the Soul. His body at last giving way to the corruption within, Deathwing made his final stand in the raging torrent of the Maelstrom, until he was at last destroyed by the combined powers of the shaman, the Aspects, and the mortal champions sent to defeat him.
- Patch 22.214.171.124662 (2021-03-25): Added.
|Book of Heroes|
|Illidan (Demon Hunter)||