Deathwing, Mad Aspect
|Set:||Descent of Dragons|
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Force attack|
Battlecry: Attack ALL other minions.
Bite that one, bite that other one, claw this one, swallow that one whole....
- For Deathwing's other appearances, see Deathwing (disambiguation).
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Deathwing, Mad Aspect||1600||400|
|Golden Deathwing, Mad Aspect||3200||1600|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Deathwing, Mad Aspect attacks minions in a random order. In particular, he can attack a non-Taunt minion before a Taunt minion.
- Deathwing, Mad Aspect does not attack minions summoned in the middle of his Battlecry (for example, by Deathrattle effects).
- If Deathwing, Mad Aspect dies during his Battlecry, he stops attacking.
- Deathwing, Mad Aspect attacks once per minion on the board. If his attack would be intercepted (such as by Noble Sacrifice or Mayor Noggenfogger), he will not attack his initial target again.
- Deathwing, Mad Aspect's attacks can be redirected to your opponent's hero with Mayor Noggenfogger.
- Deathwing, Mad Aspect cannot attack on the turn he is played, even if he's given Rush or Charge.
- If Deathwing, Mad Aspect transforms during his Battlecry (such as with Infectious Sporeling), the transformed Deathwing will keep attacking. This is because Deathwing's Battlecry only gets interrupted if he dies, not if he transforms.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Deathwing, Mad Aspect is a powerful minion with enough stats to clean out the entire board of mid to low-stat minions. While he can take out most minions due to his very high Attack, dealing with multiple higher level threats will often leave him critically injured or dead before he finishes. However, since his method of clearing the board involves attacking, Divine Shield and Reborn minions are protected from his attacks, high-attack minions will ensure he does not survive the next turn, and a Poisonous minion can bring his rampage to a premature end. Keep in mind that Deathwing, Mad Aspect will also attack allies as well, so unless you're prepared for Deathwing to kill your entire board (or if you have no board presence), be very cautious when playing him. Commanding Shout may also be used to keep Deathwing, Mad Aspect and your board of minions alive, although they can easily be removed by Mage's Fireblast or Rogue's Fan of Knives.
You can use other cards to cheat out Deathwing and take advantage of his 12/12 stats like The Boom Reaver or Woecleaver, but it's just as effective as cheating out Deathwing's other counterparts since they have the same statline, with the latter having a powerful Deathrattle, however Mad Aspect’s powerful battlecry should still be considered, as it makes it a less painful draw, especially in less dragon centered decks.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Lore[edit | edit source]
- A warped mass of molten hatred and unfathomable power, this formless, mindless horror cannot be stopped. Whatever was left of Neltharion the Earth-Warder is long gone, his mind and soul corrupted and devoured by his Old God masters. All this monstrous being desires is destruction, annihilation, and the end of all things.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Deathwing, Mad Aspect's original summoning quote, used in the pre-release, was "I am the end of all things! I am the Cataclysm!" The line was changed when Descent of Dragons was released for unknown reasons.
- Deathwing, Mad Aspect's entrance music comes from Deathwing's Last Stand.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 184.108.40.206060 (2019-12-05): Added.