|Set:||The Grand Tournament|
|Wiki tags:||Hero Power-related, Random, Rarity-related|
She sees into your past and makes you face your fears. Most common fear: Getting Majordomo out of Sneed's Old Shredder.
How to get
|Golden Confessor Paletress||3200||1600|
- This card's Inspire effect has a chance to summon any collectible legendary minion, including another Confessor Paletress and those specific to classes other than the controlling hero. Uncollectible minions such as Thaddius will not be summoned.
This card is best used with Inspire synergy cards such as Maiden of the Lake or Fencing Coach to be able to play this card on 5 or 6 mana and still activate its Inspire effect on the same turn. Garrison Commander is also strong with this card if you manage to have the mana to use your Hero Power twice.
As of Rastakhan's Rumble there are 237 collectible legendary minions in the game, giving this card a ~0.421% chance of summoning any given minion. The average mana cost of a summoned legendary minion is 6.17 mana. The below table lists all collectible legendary minions available in Wild format, representing the full range of possible summons from this minion's Inspire effect.
- ▶️<death sound>
- "The story behind Confessor Paletress is that she's basically a good guy; you show up at the [Argent Tournament] and what her job is, is to make sure that you're trained and ready to go, to fight the challenges that await you. And the way that she does that is that she summons up some of the greatest foes you've had in the past, essentially your memories, in a shadow form, and forces you to fight them all over again to conquer your fears and to get ready for the challenges that await." - Jason Chayes
- "Before heroes can challenge the forces of darkness, they must defeat agents of the Light. Highlord Tirion Fordring has selected a formidable priest from the Argent Crusade to test combatants' mettle. Paletress will do everything in her power to ensure that only those with strong faith will confront the Scourge." - World of Warcraft Dungeon Journal
- Argent Confessor Paletress is a human priest who can be found in the Argent Pavilion at the western portion of the Argent Tournament Grounds. Periodically, she gives a speech to the various praying faction Champions.
Paletress's ability to summon random Legendary minions is based on the mechanics of her boss fight in World of Warcraft, where she summons memories of past bosses for players to fight.
The original design for Confessor Paletress was an 8 mana 2/4 with the text "Battlecry: Summon 3 Legendary minions and set their Health to 1." This was intended to reflect Paletress design in World of Warcraft. However, in play testing the developers found Paletress was a "very swingy card", with her ability sometimes summoning three Ragnaros the Firelord, and dealing 24 damage to the opponent at the end of the turn; and at others summoning three Lorewalker Chos.
The developers found this design to feature too much RNG and too much power overall, and the text was therefore changed to "At the end of your turn, summon a random Legendary minion." However, while this was better, the developers realised they were missing out on the opportunity to involve the expansion's new mechanic - Inspire. The card's text was therefore changed to its final version, "Inspire: Summon a random Legendary minion.", and its stats changed to a 6 mana 2/4. However, further testing revealed the design was too strong, with players able to play the minion on turn 8 and immediately use their Hero Power, again creating a strong "swing" effect; her mana cost was therefore increased from 6 to 7, but in compensation her Attack was increased from 2 to 5.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Icecrown" series, for the card Argent Confessor Paletress.
Patch 126.96.36.19986 (2015-08-18): Added.