|Set:||Goblins vs Gnomes|
Guardians used to be built out of Adamantium, but production got moved to Gadgetzan and Cobalt was cheap.
RARITY=3 CLASS=5 COLLECTIBLE=1 ELITE=0 COST=5 HEALTH=3 ATK=6 CARDTYPE=4 CARDRACE=17 ENCHANTMENT_BIRTH_VISUAL=0 ENCHANTMENT_IDLE_VISUAL=0 DIVINE_SHIELD=1 TRIGGER_VISUAL=1 TECH_LEVEL=3
How to get
|Card packs||Regular, Golden||1~2|
- Cobalt Guardian does not have Divine Shield when summoned: it gains Divine Shield only if and when another friendly Mech is subsequently summoned. In particular:
- Cobalt Guardian triggers immediately after the minion is summoned, prior to other triggers like or .
An aggressive statted minion for Mech-based decks, this minion's low Health makes it vulnerable unless it has Divine Shield active. While the most obvious way to protect it is to immediately follow its summoning with another Mech, if this is not possible protective buffs can be useful to allow it to survive until one can be summoned.
By summoning a Mech, the Deathrattle of (and potentially , , ) will cause this minion to gain Divine Shield. This can be effective for immediately re-shielding a Cobalt Guardian following AoE such as . In these cases, the opponent should deal damage to the Guardian to first remove its Divine Shield before using AoE that will cause other Mechs to be summoned.
The only known Cobalt Guardian in Warcraft history is one of the four Stone Guard, enchanted stone quilen beasts that guard the entrance to the Mogu'shan Vaults. However, this is clearly a very different guardian to the one depicted in this card.
- The death quote of this minion references Error 37, a common launch day error in Diablo III. This error meant that the servers were busy. Due to Diablo III requiring a connection to the servers in order to play either Singleplayer or Multiplayer, the error became a meme among players.
Patch 220.127.116.1134 (2014-12-04): Added.
- Ben Brode on Twitter. (2014-11-24).
- Tested by User:Taohinton, 2015-02-08. Cobalt Guardian activates before ; before auras are applied; before Battlecry; and before - regardless of order of play.