|Set:||United in Stormwind|
Secretly, the Big Cheese of SI:7.
How to get
Cheesemonger can be obtained by:
- Opening card packs
- Crafting regular version for 400 dust
- Crafting golden version for 1600 dust
- Completing an Arena or Heroic Duels run
- Opening the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of season (Regular only)
- Completing Climbing the Ranks achievements (Regular only)
This card is comparable to Ogremancer, being a well-stated minion with an effect that discourages enemy spellcasting. Cheesemonger costs 1 mana less to play, at the cost of having 1 less health and provides more long-term value instead of board presence. While the quality of the cards one can receive is random, spell cards are generally much higher in value than the 2/2 Taunts which Ogremancer summons. So long as one can keep their hand at a reasonable size to keep from overdrawing, Cheesemonger has the potential to be a very strong tool in Control or Value decks, particularly against classes like Demon Hunter and Mage, who can cast lots of spells.
- ▶️Life is gouda here in Stormwind.
- ▶️Sweet dreams are made of cheese!
- ▶️Best cheese around! You can take my curd for it.
- ▶️Things are better, with some feta!
- ▶️Now this should brie easy.
- ▶️Die munster!
Cheesemonger is the Hearthstone representation of Elling Trias, the owner of Trias' Cheese in Stormwind's Trade District. He was formerly a master rogue and implied to have been a member of SI:7, still maintaining a web of shady contacts. Eventually, he retired from that life to pursue his life's true passion: Making cheese.
- Patch 18.104.22.168998 (2021-07-27): Added.