|Tags:||Hand-related, Mana-related, Random, Triggered effect|
Battlecry: Curse a playable card in your opponent's hand. They have 1 turn to play it!
No matter the game rules, it's always playing Go Fish.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Chaos Gazer||1600||400|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Chaos Gazer's effect chooses a random card in your opponent's hand that they will have enough mana to play next turn, and places an Enchantment on it. If that card isn't played, it is discarded from their hand at the end of the turn.
- If the card is played then returned to hand, it will no longer have the Enchantment even if it was returned the same turn.
- The effect does not check if the card fulfills any requirements to be played. For example, it can affect a Shadow Word: Death in hand when there are no minions in play with 5 or more attack.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Chaos Gazer is a highly effective disruption tool, providing great stats for its cost. At its very worst, Chaos Gazer places a medium threat on the board and your opponent plays the card they were going to play anyway. Better results include forcing your opponent to choose wasting resources like removal or Zephrys the Great or discarding it, or forcing your opponent to play off curve. The best result is forcing your opponent to waste a combo card like Bloodsworn Mercenary, Sathrovarr, or Flobbidinous Floop.
If your opponent has been holding one card for most of the game, this might be a cue they have a combo piece or key card in their hand. If you specifically want to disrupt a combo, waiting until the late game is the best bet for hitting something important.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Choice is an illusion.
- Right into my trap!
Lore[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 22.214.171.124614 (2020-11-12): Card text reworded to avoid confusion with the new Corrupt keyword.
- Previously: "Battlecry: Corrupt a playable card in your opponent's hand. They have 1 turn to play it!"
- Patch 126.96.36.199954 (2020-01-21): Added.