"Who dares summon me?!"
CLASS=9 RARITY=1 CARDTYPE=5 COST=1 ELITE=0 SPELL_SCHOOL=6 COLLECTIBLE=1
How to get
|Card packs||Regular, Golden||1~2|
- Before March 30, 2021, Call of the Void could be obtained through Classic card packs.
A simple spell that lacks a degree of synergy. While some demons can be strong, many are reliant on your deck type, too slow if cast for an extra mana, or simply too weak overall. The randomness and low number of good outcomes make Call to the Void very unimpressive.
- Call of the Void, along with , , and were added to the Classic set in patch 126.96.36.199405 to make up for the fact that the warlock, mage, and rogue classes previously had fewer cards available to them in Standard format as a result of , , , and being moved to the Wild format in the Hall of Fame set.
- When designing the four aforementioned cards, Blizzard were thinking about new players' first experiences playing Hearthstone. The new Classic cards were designed to be relatively straightforward while still creating some exciting moments, and give players a chance to see and play with cards that they don't own. At the same time, it's important that the new Classic cards aren't so powerful that they limit future design or cause problems since they're intended to permanently remain in Standard.
- Call of the Void's flavor text references the Marco Polo game and the final line references the summon quote.
- Year of the Gryphon rotation (2021-03-30): Moved from Classic to Legacy set.
- Patch 188.8.131.52662 (2021-03-25): Now has Shadow spell school (previously: no spell school).
- Patch 184.108.40.206405 (2018-11-05): Added.