|Wiki tags:||Demon-generating, Random|
"Who dares summon me?!"
How to get
Call of the Void can be obtained through crafting only.
|Call of the Void||40||5|
|Golden Call of the Void||400||50|
- Before March 30, 2021, Call of the Void could be obtained through Classic card packs.
A simple spell that lacks a degree of synergy. While some demons can be strong, many are reliant on your deck type, too slow if cast for an extra mana, or simply too weak overall. The randomness and low number of good outcomes make Call to the Void very unimpressive.
Demonic Studies is strictly better than this card, letting you choose between three demons while also discounting your next one.
- Call of the Void, along with Icicle, Tome of Intellect, and Pilfer were added to the Classic set in patch 188.8.131.52405 to make up for the fact that the warlock, mage, and rogue classes previously had fewer cards available to them in Standard format as a result of Ice Block, Ice Lance, Power Overwhelming, and Conceal being moved to the Wild format in the Hall of Fame set.
- When designing the four aforementioned cards, Blizzard were thinking about new players' first experiences playing Hearthstone. The new Classic cards were designed to be relatively straightforward while still creating some exciting moments, and give players a chance to see and play with cards that they don't own. At the same time, it's important that the new Classic cards aren't so powerful that they limit future design or cause problems since they're intended to permanently remain in Standard.
- Call of the Void's flavor text references the Marco Polo game and the final line references the Doomguard summon quote.
- Year of the Gryphon rotation (2021-03-30): Moved from Classic to Legacy set.
- Patch 184.108.40.206662 (2021-03-25): Now has Shadow spell school (previously: no spell school).
- Patch 220.127.116.11405 (2018-11-05): Added.