|Set:||Goblins vs Gnomes|
He's burly because he does CrossFit.
RARITY=1 CLASS=12 COLLECTIBLE=1 ELITE=0 COST=4 HEALTH=5 ATK=3 CARDTYPE=4 ENCHANTMENT_BIRTH_VISUAL=0 ENCHANTMENT_IDLE_VISUAL=0 TRIGGER_VISUAL=1
How to get
|Card packs||Regular, Golden||1~2|
- Like all spell-based triggered effects, this minion's effect will activate prior to the opponent's spell actually taking effect. Therefore, using or to gain control of the Trogg will cause him to gain 2 Attack prior to his switching allegiance.
- Note also that spell eligibility is determined prior to casting. This means for example that can be used to destroy a 3 Attack Trogg, despite his Attack increasing beyond its limits by the time the spell has actually taken effect. By the same token, cannot be cast on a 3 Attack Trogg, even though by the time it took effect he would in fact be eligible for the spell.
- Note that it only applies to spells that have been cast or played from the hand; put into battlefield effects like putting a secret on the field will not trigger the effect.
Essentially a more powerful opponent-triggered version of , this card punishes the opponent for using spells. This generally makes the use of spells unwise until it is neutralized.
This card is most effective against spell-heavy decks. It is of poor value unless the opponent plays at least 1 spell during its time on the board. With 1 spell cast, it becomes a 5/5, only slightly better than the vanilla stats for a 4 cost minion. However, its growth potential allows it to act as a limit on the opponent's actions, even if it never lives to see significant stat growth. Also effective as a soft taunt against spell-heavy decks, forcing the opponent to remove it before proceeding.
In Arena its stats are still good despite not being as reliable as a . You can probably use its effect to make an educated guess on whether or not your opponent has a spell. If they are focusing solely on targeting this minion, they may have a spell they want to use, while if they attack your other minions they more likely do not have a spell.
- ▶️ [[Troggzor the Earthinator|Troggzor. Troggzor.]]
- ▶️ <attack sound>
- ▶️ <death sound>
Troggs are a race of primitive, aggressive and extremely unintelligent humanoids found on Azeroth. An Old God-warped deviation from one of the Titans' original designs for life on the planet, the neanderthal-like troggs possess little in the way of intelligence, but are still a dangerous threat when encountered. In Hearthstone, troggs are known for spell-related triggered effects.
- The Rockjaw tribe is a tribe of gray-skinned troggs found residing at Coldridge Valley and Gol'Bolar Quarry in Dun Morogh.
- The dwarves' insatiable digging at the Gol'Bolar Quarry unleashed this menacing tribe from their subterranean den. Now, the massing trogg invasion looms over the lands of king Magni Bronzebeard, keeping his forces busy at quelling it.
- The art for this card was originally incorrectly attributed in-game to Chris Rahn. This was later fixed in a patch.
Patch 220.127.116.1134 (2014-12-04): Added.