"ME HAVE GOOD STATS FOR THE COST"
Other versions[edit | edit source]
How to get[edit | edit source]
They are uncraftable and cannot be crafted or disenchanted.
Previous availability[edit | edit source]
Prior Year of the Gryphon's rotation on March 30, 2021:
- Two copies of Boulderfist Ogre were automatically included in all players' collections upon unlocking the warlock class.
- Two Golden copies of Boulderfist Ogre were a reward for raising a warlock to levels 51 and 52.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Boulderfist Ogre is a vanilla card with relatively high Attack and Health. While it lacks any special abilities, its stats make it a reliable choice and common substitute for rarer, high-power cards like Ragnaros the Firelord or Sylvanas Windrunner. Notably, its 6 Attack falls just short of being targetable by the Battlecry of Big Game Hunter.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- What you lookin' at?
- Me smash.
Lore[edit | edit source]
For general information on ogres, see Ogre.
- The Boulderfist clan is a clan of ogres that live throughout the Arathi Highlands in Azeroth and Nagrand in Outland (hinting that it may have parted when the Dark Portal closed at the end of the Second War).
- Their main bases on Azeroth include Boulder'gor and Boulderfist Hall; they also control a significant portion of present-day Stromgarde.
- On Outland, a large contingent of Boulderfist ogres roam throughout Nagrand (clefts of Halaa, Burning Blade Ruins, and the hills northwest of Kil'sorrow Fortress) and parts of Terokkar Forest (Bleeding Hollow Ruins). Their leader is a half-orc half-draenei named Lantresor of the Blade.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Crown of the Heavens" series, for the card Grug the Bonecrusher.
- Boulderfist Ogre has become a popular subject of Hearthstone community memes (particularly on the /r/hearthstonecirclejerk subreddit), many of which involve intentionally misspelling the card's name as "Bolderfist Oger" or describing it as having "Good stats for the cost" in reference to its flavor text.