He just wants a hug. A sloppy... slimy... hug.
How to get
They are uncraftable and cannot be crafted or disenchanted.
Prior Year of the Gryphon's rotation on March 30, 2021:
- Two copies of Bluegill Warrior were automatically included in all players' collections upon unlocking the paladin class.
- Two Golden copies of Bluegill Warrior were a reward for raising a paladin to levels 53 and 54.
Bluegill Warrior is essentially a Murloc Raider with Charge, for a cost of 1 additional mana. The Murlocs' strength mostly comes from synergy with other Murlocs, so if you are going to use it outside of a Murloc deck you will lose a significant part of its potential value. By itself it is 2 points of instant directed damage for 2 mana. If the Bluegill Warrior removes an enemy minion before dying, this can usually be considered a fair trade, and if the Bluegill Warrior survives, it can be even more useful. However, its 1 Health means it is usually unlikely to survive too long without a Taunt or Health buff.
Overall, this card is most useful in Murloc decks (which usually include all available Murlocs anyway) and has limited value in other decks. However, it can serve as a handy form of almost guaranteed damage, especially for decks lacking in removal.
Bluegill Warrior is an essential card in a Anyfin Can Happen deck. When resurrected with two Murloc Warleaders, it can deliver a huge burst of damage, with a second Anyfin Can Happen setting up lethal damage.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Throne of the Tides" series, for the card Murloc Coastrunner.
- Bluegill Warrior was originally a part of the first Core set with change from Charge to Rush, and having 1 more attack. Due to player feedback, it was left unchanged, and Redgill Razorjaw took its place instead.
- Year of the Gryphon rotation (2021-03-30): Moved from Basic to Legacy set.
- Patch 220.127.116.1136 (2017-04-04): Rarity changed from Common to Free.
- Unknown alpha patch: New art added, previously used by Murloc Tidecaller.