|Set:||Forged in the Barrens|
|Abilities:||Deal damage, Frenzy, Rush|
|Wiki tags:||Area of effect, Attack-related|
Frenzy: Deal damage equal to this minion's Attack to all enemy minions.
Artists paint their visions meticulously on canvas. Blademasters paint with, uh, broader strokes.
How to get
|Golden Blademaster Samuro||3200||1600|
Though not initially very powerful, Blademaster Samuro scales exceptionally well with Attack buffs; In Standard play, Paladin and Warrior can make the best use of him. The former has access to a myriad of buff spells, particularly Libram of Wisdom (which is easily reduced to 0 mana) and Blessing of Authority (which will almost always result in a full board clear even in the late game). The latter has handbuff options in the form of Conditioning and Stage Dive; in a handbuff deck, Samuro can help make up for the tempo loss of playing your buffing spells in the first few turns. Priest also has Apotheosis, which can provide a massive heal when combined with this card's Frenzy effect.
In Wild, there are a much wider number of cards that can buff Samuro in-hand or immediately upon coming into play: Handbuff Paladin has access to Smuggler's Run, Grimestreet Outfitter, and Invigorating Sermon, and Warrior has Rush support in the form of Woodcutter's Axe, Akali, the Rhino, and possibly Galakrond, the Unbreakable. (Be wary that the power level of Wild is much higher than Standard, however, and while fun and workable these decks won't on the same level well against top-tier strategies in that format.)
- Samuro is the last remaining blademaster to wear the banner of the Burning Blade. He is on a warrior's pilgrimage in search of vengeance and redemption for his fallen clan.
- Samuro once lived in a village with his brethren. Unfortunately for him, a bloodthirsty wildkin known as Bloodbeak destroyed his village. With vengeance in mind, Samuro hunted Bloodbeak until he finally met with success. Bloodbeak was slain, and Samuro could pay attention to his newly assigned task of sabotaging a Kul Tiran base camp near the coast.
- Samuro was successful in this as well by using stealth to place demolition charges near vital structures of the Kul Tiran base (likely Tiragarde Keep). With his mission accomplished, Rexxar, Rokhan, and Chen Stormstout could continue with a mission of their own, and Samuro was free to continue as he wished.
- Blademaster Samuro used to be disenchant for full Arcane Dust value for one week (from March 30 to April 6, 2021) even without any card changes, but with its being able to get through other ways after the expansion's release, which could cause frustration and duplicate protection loss to whoever got Blademaster samuro through Forged in the Barrens card packs before expansion's release.
- Patch 184.108.40.206662 (2021-03-25): Added.