"Look, it's not just about waving daggers around really fast. It's a lot more complicated than that." - Shan, Rogue Trainer
How to get
|Card packs||Regular, Golden||1~2|
- Regular Blade Flurry could also be obtained as a first-time reward for first time reaching Silver 10 and Gold 10 in Ranked mode from April 1, 2020 to March 25, 2021 (or as a reward of Climbing the Ranks (2/10) and (4/10) achievements).
- This spell has two steps:
- This spell's damage is increased by bonuses from Spell Damage and .
- This spell can be used if your weapon has 0 Attack, usually dealing no damage unless you have some Spell Damage bonus.
- Since this spell's damage is based on the weapon and not the hero, it is increased by effects that increase weapon Attack, such as , but not by effects that increase hero Attack, such as .
- As the damage is dealt by Blade Flurry itself, not by the weapon, having a weapon with Poisonous (e.g. via ) or Lifesteal won't create any synergy.
Blade Flurry is an area of effect attack with variable output depending on the rogue's current weapon. The high cost of the spell and the destruction of the equipped weapon mean it is often an inefficient play without the right conditions.
Because this spell destroys the weapon, if the weapon has more than 1 Durability remaining, the rogue should almost always attack first, before using Blade Flurry. With on a , this allows the rogue to deal 6 damage to a single minion, and 3 to all other enemy minions.
Blade Flurry synergizes extremely well with , as it is reusable weapon thanks to its Deathrattle and its Attack carries over, making the combo one of the most powerful -like minion clear card Rogue can offer, even though it does not activate poisonous and lifesteal. Its snowball damage becomes more powerful over the course of the game as more buffs are played on Kingsbane, which can be amplified by using with cards such as .
- Blade Flurry is a Combat rogue ability, learned at level 10. While active, all of the rogue's attacks strike up to 4 additional nearby enemies within 8 yards for 35% damage, but the rogue's energy regenerates 20% more slowly. Blade Flurry is one of the few area of effect abilities available to rogues (the others being and Killing Spree).
- This effect has no fixed duration but can be toggled on and off. After being cancelled, it goes into a 10 second cooldown (similar to Stealth).
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "The Hunt for Illidan" series, for the card Retainer's Blade.
- Year of the Gryphon rotation (2021-03-30): Moved from Classic to Legacy set.
- Patch 220.127.116.11662 (2021-03-25): Now costs 2 mana (Down from 4).
- Patch 18.104.22.16874 (2016-04-24): Now costs 4 mana (Up from 2). Now reads: Destroy your weapon and deal its damage to all enemy minions. (previously: Destroy your weapon and deal its damage to all enemies.).
- Comments: "Blade Flurry is a problem because it enables both board clear and heavy burst damage, and it’s also an obstacle to adding better cards for Rogues. To address these issues, the cost of Blade Flurry is moving from 2 to 4 mana, and it will now only affect minions, so that Rogues have to choose between removing threats or damaging the enemy Hero."
- Patch 22.214.171.12488 (2013-06-22): Now deals damage to all enemies rather than all enemy minions.
- Patch 126.96.36.19940 (April or May 2013): Cost changed from 3 to 2. Text changed from "Deal your weapon's damage to all enemy minions" to "Destroy your weapon and deal its damage to all enemy minions"
- Unknown alpha patch: Added, replacing Envenom.