|Set:||Knights of the Frozen Throne|
How to get
Two copies of regular Bearshark (Core) are obtained for raising hunter to level 1.
Two copies of golden Bearshark (Core) are obtained for winning 50 games as hunter.
Bearshark is a solid minion that can be hard to remove if your opponent is playing a spell-heavy deck. It curves well with Houndmaster, making the minion more threatening and thus its Elusive more valuable.
- "Blizzard Entertainment’s newest Hearthstone® expansion brings players to the Icecrown Citadel, where they will encounter terrifying bear sharks, ridiculous geists, indigenous Tuskarr ice fishermen, and the mysterious influence of runic magic."
In the web comic Forest for the Weary, a Pompous Thespian tells a fanciful tale about how Rexxar was transformed into Deathstalker Rexxar by Gul'dan, and how he used his new powers to grant immortality and new powers to his fallen animal companions. Suddenly, the thespian is interrupted as the audience begins throwing out suggestions for the kinds of beasts Rexxar created by stitching various animals together, including an exploding bat, a boar with snakes for teeth, and a "crocodeer". Although the thespian initially tells the listeners to not get carried away, he is swayed by the donation of gold and continues his tale by saying that Rexxar created an army of Zombeasts, the most fearsome of which was the dreaded Sharkbear. After the thespian finishes his tale, the Grimestreet Smuggler-like tauren he was telling the story to begins threatening him, claiming that he wants to scare her away from the Frozen Throne so that he can have all the Sharkbear to himself. Despite the thespian's protests that there is no sharkbear and that he just made that up, the tauren lifts him up by the neck and orders him to tell her everything he knows about the sharkbear, lest things get "very unpleasant". At the end of the comic, a Dalaran Mage in the audience asks where Rexxar managed to find a shark in a forest, with a Southsea Captain replying "You've never seen a river shark, mate?"
- Bearshark's flavor text is a reference to a line spoken in the recurring "Land Shark" skit from the American sketch comedy TV series Saturday Night Live.
- Patch 126.96.36.19957 (2017-08-08): Added.
- Blizzard Press Center - Knights of the Frozen Throne Announce Press Kit, Knights of the Frozen Throne Announce Fact Sheet. (2017-07-06). Retrieved on 2017-07-12.
- Mike Donais on reddit. (2017-07-23). Retrieved on 2017-07-27.