|Set:||The Grand Tournament|
|Wiki tags:||Beast-generating, Taunt-generating, Triggered effect|
You'll never guess what's in that conveniently bear-sized, bear-smelling box.
How to get
|Golden Bear Trap||400||50|
- Unlike Explosive Trap, the Ironfur Grizzly is summoned after the player is attacked.
- Bear Trap will not activate if the attack does not complete, e.g. because the attacker died or was returned to hand before it could hit its target, such as by Freezing Trap.
- Bear Trap will not activate if the player's board is full.
- Bear Trap will activate if you are attacked for 0 damage, such as because Ice Block prevented the damage.
- Prior to Patch 220.127.116.1133 (LoE patch) Bear Trap would trigger and do nothing if your board was full.
A strong card for midrange and control hunter. This is a 3/3 Taunt for 2 mana (that comes out slow) that can give you time to regain board presence. While it doesn't block the triggering attack itself, the Taunt can prevent further attacks. Note that if a player plans to attack with several minions that turn, the first will succeed; but this will trigger the Trap, meaning they may be forced to trade their other minion/s. Order of attack can therefore be very significant when testing for Bear Trap.
- Bear Trap's design is an intentional inversion of expectations. A real life bear trap is a powerful, sharpened metal contraption designed to trap bears. However, Bear Trap is instead a trap which sets a Bear upon the person who triggers it. Senior Producer Yong Woo described the card's concept: "Sometimes you trap the bear. Sometimes the bear traps you."
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "War of the Elements" series, for the card Noxious Trap.
Patch 18.104.22.16886 (2015-08-18): Added.
- Whirthun on Twitter. (2015-08-14).
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-0XM4jvP60 Tested in Patch 22.214.171.12456 (2015-12-04)
- https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/3jm55d/til_bear_trap_triggers_on_a_full_board/?ref=search_posts Tested in Patch 126.96.36.19986 (TGT patch)
- Ben Brode on Twitter. (2015-09-08).
- Yong Woo on Twitter. (2015-08-14).