Not all of Battrund's minions are mummies. Some got a bad wrap.
The below classes are listed purely for reference, and have no effect on the boss' use of the cards during the battle.
These decks correspond only to level 4. If this boss is encountered on level 3, his deck will be missing 5 random cards.
|Warrior||Improve Morale||2||Battle Rage||2|
|Battle Rage||2||Frothing Berserker||2|
|Ogre Warmaul||2||Grommash Hellscream||1|
|Crush||1||Mistress of Mixtures||2|
|Neutral||Temple Berserker||2||Amani Berserker||2|
|Ogre Brute||2||Haunted Creeper||2|
|Body Wrapper||1||Anubisath Sentinel||1|
|Wasteland Scorpid||1||Cairne Bloodhoof||1|
|Living Monument||1||Wasteland Scorpid||1|
Due to Battrund's hero power all his minions are difficult to kill. Therefore, it is not possible to control the board with an aggro deck, dealing damage only to the enemy hero and forcing the boss to trade, because his minions will not only kill the player's, but also remain on the board, quickly lowering the health of the player's hero. This way of play is not fatal only with having board clears like Arcane Craftiness, Sandstorm Elemental, Spirit Lash and so on.
Normal deck is quite slow and contains a few minions that can do harm after death. Some of them, such as Temple Berserker, Bone Wraith and Restless Mummy, do not get the value from his hero power at all. Use the general strategy of killing all possible enemy minions to now allow the boss capture the board.
Heroic deck, on the other hand, consists entirely of good tempo minions that are easily able to fill the board with their deathrattles and leave the player no opportunities to intercept it except powerful protection from Karl the Lost. However, if the boss will play Abomination, is it possible to easily clear his entire board 1 or 2 times. Besides the good controlling with First Aid Kit this swarm can be used as advantage in the following ways:
1) Using passive Band of Scarabs since Battrund has 8 minions with 1 Attack. This will either deprive Battrund of the ability to play minions, or he will be able to play them one or two per turn only, which will make it easier to control the board and deal damage to the enemy. Truesilver Lance and Scales of Justice perform very well here.
2) Another good passive is Primordial Bulwark. If it is impossible to take over the board, try to deal at least 10 damage to the boss and wait for lethal damage to the hero.
- Less talking, more hitting.
- Me want new friend.
- Take bandage.
- We live on!
- You make good mummy.
- Me need beauty sleep.
- So tired.
- Was having good dream...
- Pharaoh Cat
- Kitty come back. And again.
- Wasteland Scorpid
- Watch out for pet. Mad when tired.
- Living Monument
- Need big bandages for this.
- Me slumber now.
Battrund is unique to Hearthstone.
- Patch 126.96.36.199717 (2019-09-10): Added.
|Tombs of Terror|
The Lost City
Halls of Origination
The Inner Sanctum