|Voice actor:||Darin De Paul|
Baron Geddon was Ragnaros's foremost lieutenant, until he got FIRED.
- For the boss of the same name, see Baron Geddon (boss).
How to get
|Card packs||Regular, Golden||1~2|
Golden Baron Geddon (Core) is obtained for winning 5000 games across all classes.
- Regular Baron Geddon could also be obtained as a first-time reward for first time reaching Legend in Ranked mode from April 1, 2020 to March 25, 2021 (or as a reward of Climbing the Ranks (10/10) achievement).
At 7 mana for a 7/7 minion, Baron Geddon is a great card for going against decks which get out a lot of minions fast. Baron coupled with just about any other AoE card can clear the opponent's side of the board very easily. This card is also a very good game changer, and can turn the tide of a game very quickly.
Baron Geddon works well in Control Warrior decks as a board clear, where the 2 damage to your hero matters little. As an Elemental, Frost Lich Jaina can turn Baron Geddon into a potent AoE and healing card and negates 2 damage to your own hero, and even if Geddon's effect would kill Jaina, it won't happen because Lifesteal restores more than the initial damage for each other character (including players), making him a powerful comeback card.
- ▶️<attack sound>
- ▶️<death sound>
- Baron Geddon is one of the eldest of all fire elementals, and he served as Ragnaros’ right hand during the beginning of the war against the titans. During one of the first battles against the then-unknown titan attackers, Geddon was defeated and forced into humiliating retreat. Ragnaros immediately demoted his commander, thinking that Geddon had been defeated by an inferior foe, since the Old Gods and their lieutenants had never yet met a challenge. His replacement was the flamewaker Majordomo Executus; Geddon was infuriated that a creature not purely of fire replaced him, a noble among the elementals. In an effort to regain his master’s faith, Baron Geddon planned the now legendary betrayal of Thunderaan the Windseeker. In the midst of a great battle, Geddon separated the massive lightning elemental from his allies, and together with Garr and Ragnaros, they ambushed the great elemental in an effort to steal his power.
- Thunderaan was a powerful foe, even to an elemental lieutenant such as Ragnaros, and the Firelord was unable to completely destroy him as he had hoped. The three did manage to seal the Windseeker away, however, and imprison his essence in the talisman known as the Bindings of the Windseeker. Ragnaros then broke the talisman in half and charged each of his lieutenants, Garr and Geddon, with keeping one half safe. It is said that if the halves are brought together again then Thunderaan might escape. However, Geddon did not win back his old position by his master’s side. Today, he waits and bides his time, hoping to grow strong enough to find a way to overthrow or discredit Majordomo Executus. Baron Geddon currently dwells in the tunnels of the molten core of Blackrock Mountain, where he keeps a tireless vigil against intruders. Both Baron Geddon and Garr draw their considerable might from the blazing runes carved deep into the floor of Molten Core.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "War of the Elements" series, for the card Something That Burns.
- Year of the Gryphon rotation (2021-03-30): Moved from Classic to Legacy set.
- Patch 184.108.40.206662 (2021-03-25): Now has 7 Health (Up from 5).
- Patch 220.127.116.1136 (2017-04-04): Is now a Elemental (previously: no minion type).
- Patch 18.104.22.16866 (2015-06-15): Baron Geddon now uses the "You will BURN!" soundbite when summoned, as used in the Blackrock Mountain adventure.
- Previously: Unknown.