For more information, see Cairne Bloodhoof.
- ▶️Ish-ne-alo por-ah!
- ▶️<death sound>
- High Chieftain Baine Bloodhoof is the son of the late tauren leader, Cairne Bloodhoof. In addition to embodying his father’s kindness and valor, Baine has developed into a warrior without equal.
- Following Cairne’s death in a duel with Warchief Garrosh Hellscream, Baine fled his home in Bloodhoof Village when the tauren matriarch Magatha Grimtotem’s agents attacked the village and seized Thunder Bluff. Although still pained by the loss of his father, Baine staged a counterattack on Magatha and her forces, ultimately retaking the tauren capital and defeating the treacherous matriarch. Cairne’s honorable son spared Magatha’s life, banishing the matriarch and her traitorous allies to the harsh Stonetalon Mountains. Since then Baine has assumed the role of high chieftain of Mulgore’s courageous tauren.
- While bitterness might still linger over Cairne’s demise, Baine has pledged his loyalty to the Horde and its warchief for the good of the tauren race.
- "Our people have walked this land for many, many years, and in that time have learned much about the world. Our allies will need to look to us for wisdom and guidance. My father once made a promise to the Horde, to repay a debt we owed them for their service to our race. I, for one, intend to deliver on that promise."
- - Baine Bloodhoof
- Baine's attack quote is in Taur-ahe, the language of the tauren. It translates to "May the days ahead be guided by the elders of long ago."
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Twilight of the Dragons" series, for the card High Chieftain Baine Bloodhoof.
- Baine Bloodhoof's artwork was stretched vertically by 25% to make the card art.
- Year of the Gryphon rotation (2021-03-30): Moved from Classic to Legacy set.
- Patch 22.214.171.124662 (2021-03-25): Now costs 5 mana (Up from 4). Now has 5 Attack (Up from 4).