Azari, the Devourer
|Set:||Kobolds and Catacombs|
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Destroy, Remove from deck|
Battlecry: Destroy your opponent's deck.
- For the boss of the same name, see Azari, the Devourer (boss).
Generated by[edit | edit source]
Lore[edit | edit source]
- The annihilan, commonly known as pit lords (or pitlords), are a powerful species of demon recruited by Kil'jaeden to serve the Burning Legion. Their leader, the most feared of them all, was Mannoroth the Destructor.
- These colossal destroyers serve as the Legion's military commanders. They are as cruel as they are powerful - and revel in the destruction of all that exists. They are known to use felhounds to sniff out sources of magic wherever they be found.
Azari was responsible for the creation of the Spellstones, having proposed to tempt mortals using gems of power.  Each spellstone card's flavor text is written in a poem describing the different ways the mortals were influenced by the jewels' abilities, but also the dire prices for their power. Azari was defeated by an unnamed caster using his own creation, the Lesser Ruby Spellstone, and sealed away, but his loyal disciple Rin - the first victim of his temptations - plans to break his seals and unleash him once more.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 10.0.0.22611 (2017-12-06): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Hearthside Chat with Peter Whalen: Spellstones - YouTube. (2017-11-30). Retrieved on 2017-11-30.