|Set:||The Grand Tournament|
|Abilities:||Charge, Divine Shield|
His horse's name is Betsy.
How to get
|Golden Argent Horserider||400||50|
A reasonable card for early game due to being able to use as removal for low Health minions while also keeping a 2/1 on the board afterwards. Since it can clear many 2 drops instantly, it is mostly useful to the player that played first, for example removing a Knife Juggler or a Fallen Hero played on the opponent's turn. A cheaper version of Argent Commander, providing half the stats at half the cost.
Unfortunately because of the Divine Shield and Charge it possesses, Argent Horserider has fairly weak stats for a 3 drop. Unless buffed, it will not be able to contest the board against sturdier early-game drops like Northshire Cleric, Amani Berserker, or even certain 1 mana cards such as Zombie Chow. However, use of Abusive Sergeant or Blessing of Kings will allow you to trade with minions with more Health points, that your opponent will not expect from the 2 Attack of Argent Horserider.
- Don't worry loves, the cavalry's here!
- Giddy up!
This horseman represents the Argent Crusade, jousting on behalf of them in the Grand Tournament. His tabard uniquely combines the sigil of the Argent Crusade with the Hearthstone swirl, something unique to Hearthstone lore.
- The Argent Crusade is an order of holy warriors formed from the union of the Reformed Order of the Silver Hand and the Argent Dawn. Led by the paladin Tirion Fordring, the Argent Crusade was a major contributor to the successful campaign in Northrend that toppled the Lich King.
- According to the quest Tirion's Help, Tirion Fordring handpicked every member in the Argent Crusade in order to avoid infiltration by the Cult of the Damned. This was presumably to prevent a repeat of the Inigo Montoy incident, which resulted in Naxxramas returning to Northrend and Kel'Thuzad regaining corporeal form.
- This minion's summoning quote is a reference to the original trailer for the Blizzard FPS Overwatch , where the line is spoken by Tracer.
- Patch 184.108.40.20686 (2015-08-18): Added.
- Ben Brode on Twitter. (2015-10-21).