|Abilities:||Charge, Divine Shield|
The Argent Dawn stands vigilant against the Scourge, as well as people who cut in line at coffee shops.
How to get
|Golden Argent Commander||800||100|
- Regular Argent Commander could also be obtained as a first-time reward for first time reaching Silver 10 and Gold 10 in Ranked mode from April 1, 2020 to March 25, 2021 (or as a reward of Climbing the Ranks (2/10) and (4/10) achievements).
This is one of two 6 mana minions with Charge available, the other being Reckless Rocketeer. This leaves you with the choice between 1 more Attack or Divine Shield. In most cases, Argent Commander is a better choice since Divine Shield makes it much more versatile and tempo-efficient. When played offensively, the opponent needs two sources of damage to destroy it without access to hard removal. It can also be played defensively to trade into another minion and leave a 4/2 on board.
Argent Horserider is a cheaper version of this card, boasting many of the same tactical qualities Argent Commander has, but can be played much earlier, making it a better pick for aggro decks. Evasive Wyrm is a better defensive version of the card, gaining an extra Attack, Evasive, and Dragon synergy in exchange for Charge. As a generic finisher, Leeroy Jenkins is better.
- To Northrend!
- Victory or death!
- The Argent Crusade is an order of holy warriors formed from the union of the Reformed Order of the Silver Hand and the Argent Dawn. Led by the paladin Tirion Fordring, the Argent Crusade was a major contributor to the successful campaign in Northrend that toppled the Lich King.
- According to the quest Tirion's Help, Tirion Fordring handpicked every member in the Argent Crusade in order to avoid infiltration by the Cult of the Damned. This was presumably to prevent a repeat of the Inigo Montoy incident, which resulted in Naxxramas returning to Northrend and Kel'Thuzad regaining corporeal form.
- Argent Commanders can be found guarding the Frozen Halls of Icecrown Citadel alongside Ebon Blade Commanders.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Drums of War" series, for the card Grand Marshal Goldensword.
- Ironically, while humans are an Alliance-affiliated race, Argent Commander has "Victory or death!" as his attack quote, which is the main creed for the Horde-affiliated orcs popularized by Garrosh Hellscream.