|Set:||Knights of the Frozen Throne|
|Wiki tags:||Random, Shadow-generating, Spell-generating, Weapon-generating|
There must always be a Lick King.
How to get
- Arfus' Death Knight cards are considered to belong to their own Death Knight class. Because of this, they will receive a discount when Ethereal Peddler is played and can be copied by Tess Greymane.
Arfus is a very understatted minion, so its primary use is giving you a powerful card. Arfus' relative cheapness compared to The Lich King can give you access to a Death Knight card far earlier in the game, potentially swinging the game in your favor faster. Because the Death Knight card is gained earlier in the game, the randomness is less important since it's easier to hold the card for a long time until the perfect moment.
Being a Deathrattle with a very strong effect, Arfus benefits greatly from Deathrattle synergies like Play Dead or resurrection effects like Eternal Servitude, giving you additional Death Knight cards.
For specific strategies on each of the Death Knight cards, see The Lich King.
Arfus is an undead puppy unique to Hearthstone.
- "Arfus" is a pun on "Arthas" and "arf", an onomatopoiea for a dog's bark.
- Arfus may be a reference to Argus, Odysseus's dog in Homer's Odyssey.
- Arfus appears to be the first minion to be categorized as a Beast despite clearly being undead. Other undead animals, such as Unearthed Raptor and Spectral Spider, as well as Bonemare from the very same set as Arfus, have typically not been classified as Beasts.
- Patch 22.214.171.12457 (2017-08-08): Added.
- Mike Donais on reddit. (2017-08-05). Retrieved on 2017-08-08.