The below classes are listed purely for reference, and have no effect on the boss' use of the cards during the battle.
|Boss||Animate Earthen||2||Boss||Animate Earthen||2|
|Shattering Spree||2||Shattering Spree||2|
- Shattering Spree (Heroic) deals damage to a single target equal to the number of Earthen Statue (Heroic)s on the board.
- Stonesculpting (Heroic) summons a Statue for the player first, followed by a Statue for the boss.
Archaedas' special abilities revolve around his Hero Power Stonesculpting (Heroic) and Shattering Spree (Heroic). Animate Earthen (Heroic) provides synergy through improving the Earthen Statue (Heroic)s, but does in fact affect all of the boss' minions.
When one of the player's Earthen Statues is heavily buffed, the boss will often target it with Shattering Spree (Heroic), even though the spell destroys it anyway, essentially wasting the damage part of the spell. This flaw in the AI can be used to protect valuable minions or the player's face.
Paladin players can use to halt the number of the boss's minions, which will be effective thanks to Archaedas' Hero Power flooding the board. The player's main focus should be removing the statues from the board to prevent the devastating effect of Shattering Spree (Heroic). For this, it is wise to bring cards like or and using buffs like , , or on the statues given by the boss to allow your statues to trade with his minions.
As the final boss of Uldaman, defeating Arcaedas also unlocks the following cards:
- Brann Bronzebeard
- The stone giant Archaedas has got the headpiece, but he won’t give it up without a fight.
- Who dares the wrath of the makers!
- Brann Bronzebeard
- A servant of the ancient Titans. The stories ‘e could tell us.
- Elise Starseeker
- If he weren’t too busy burying you in stone.
- You are dust.
- Earth and stone, awaken!
- I will bury you!
- Brann Bronzebeard
- The headpiece is ours! Only one piece to go!
- Archaedas is one of the titanic watchers created by the Pantheon to lead the titan-forged armies against the forces of the Old Gods. Archaedas was imbued with power by Khaz'goroth. Together with Freya, he battled and defeated Therazane the Stonemother. Afterwards, he collapsed the aqiri burrows leading them on the surface where they could be defeated.
- When Loken was corrupted by Yogg-Saron and had already indisposed most of the other Keepers, Archaedas and Tyr fled with their friend Ironaya, a giantess, as well as mechagnomes, earthen, and vrykul of the Storm Peaks. Archaedas and Tyr crafted a shield named Truthguard. They gave Truthguard to a vrykul champion who helped expose Loken's corruption. Archaedas and his allies would later steal the Discs of Norgannon from Ulduar and flee south.
- Loken sent two C'Thraxxi after the group, and Tyr held them off, giving his life in the process. The vrykul stayed behind to honor him. Archaedas and the others traveled south to Uldaman and hid the Discs of Norgannon there. The earthen, fearing the Curse of Flesh, asked to be put into hibernation until the day would come that a cure could be found. The mechagnomes, even knowing they were also cursed, volunteered to stay awake and keep watch over the earthen. Ironaya and Archaedas also entered hibernation within Uldaman's vaults.
- From the Dungeon Journal
- Deep within Uldaman is a chamber containing one of the greatest treasures of the titans, created by Norgannon himself. However, thus far no explorers have managed to gain access to the relic, for any attempt at doing so activates the great watcher Archaedas, an immense guardian who easily dispatches treasure seekers through his powerful attacks and a veritable army of servants. Crafted from some of the oldest, strongest stone taken from Uldaman's depths, Archaedas is a foe as formidable as he is ancient.
- Patch 188.8.131.5233 (2015-11-10): Added.