Magi conjured arcane arrows to sell to hunters, until hunters learned just enough magic to do it themselves. The resulting loss of jobs sent Stormwind into a minor recession.
How to get
They are uncraftable and cannot be crafted or disenchanted.
Two copies of regular Arcane Shot (Core) are obtained for raising hunter to level 5.
Two copies of golden Arcane Shot (Core) are obtained for winning 100 games as hunter.
Prior Year of the Gryphon's rotation on March 30, 2021:
- Two copies of Arcane Shot were automatically included in all players' collections upon unlocking the hunter class.
- Two Golden copies of Arcane Shot were a reward for raising a hunter to levels 32 and 34.
- "A hunter's deadly accuracy doesn't just seem like magic; sometimes, it is."
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Scourgewar" series, for the card Chimera Shot.
- This card's art depicts Arcane Shot being used on an Abomination.
- Prior to Patch 126.96.36.199222, this card was functionally identical to Holy Smite: the only difference being that it was available to Hunter rather than Priest.