|Set:||One Night in Karazhan|
|Abilities:||Increment attribute, Modify cost|
|Wiki tags:||In-hand effect, Ongoing effect, Spell-related|
Claims to be drawn to Karazhan because of the ley lines. Actually, just loves Moroes’ cooking.
How to get
|Golden Arcane Giant||1600||400|
- The mana cost of this card is reduced by 1 for each time the controlling player has successfully cast a spell that game.
- The cost reduction of this card is not dependent on the card being in the player's hand or deck or even on the card existing at the time the spell was cast.
- Spells that are countered by Counterspell are not counted for this minion's effect.
- Spells that are cast by effects like Yogg-Saron's Battlecry are not counted for this minion's effect.
- The mana cost of this card cannot be reduced below 0. However, further cost-reductions can help in countering cost-increasing effects like Freezing Trap.
- This card has an in-hand effect: it modifies its own mana cost only while in the player's hand, and not while the card is anywhere else.
- Devolve has limited effect on this minion, as it will turn into the 11 mana Snowfury Giant with the same statline.
For its stats, this is a fantastic card. Regular decks feature at least 6 to 7 spells, which will reduce this card's cost to a minimum of five mana. Optimally, you should try to add many spells to your deck while controlling the board. This card fits well in any spell-oriented deck, especially in decks such as Miracle Rogue and Quest Mage, and has great synergy with Yogg-Saron or Explore Un'Goro. In fact, This card actually plays a huge part in a win combo in certain variants of Quest Mage - it involves playing two Arcane Giants and a Time Warp, before playing Alexstrasza next turn and finishing off your opponent.
Arcane Giant is a type of Arcane Golem, used to guard Karazhan.
- Arcane Giant is one of several Giants in Hearthstone. All giants are 8/8 epic neutral minion cards, featuring a theme of their mana cost being reduced by a specific game factor.
- At one point in development, Arcane Giant cost 35 mana before being downscaled to 12.
- Patch 126.96.36.19921 (2016-08-09): Added.
- Tested in Patch 188.8.131.5221 (ONiK patch)
- Peter Whalen on Twitter. (2017-04-02).
- Cam Shea (2019-02-04). Hearthstone: Peter Whalen and Dean Ayala on Designing Key Rastakhan Cards. IGN. Retrieved on 2019-02-05.