|Set:||One Night in Karazhan|
|Wiki tags:||Spell-related, Triggered effect|
He used to get work as a Spatial Anomaly, but he got tired of having his polarity reversed.
How to get
|Golden Arcane Anomaly||400||50|
Two copies of golden Arcane Anomaly (Core) are obtained for winning 500 games across all classes.
This card has obvious potential in Mage decks, specially Tempo Mage, although Mana Wyrm has better playability on turn 2, as without following it up with a Coin or other spell, it is vulnerable to ping effects. Arcane Anomaly may also fit well in decks such as Miracle Rogue, with its low-cost spells, Combos and Preparation. Class aside, Arcane Anomaly may be worth considering in most decks which include Yogg-Saron. It also has the benefit of being an inexpensive Elemental, allowing it to be used as a token to activate effects such as Tol'vir Stoneshaper or Servant of Kalimos.
In arena, Arcane Anomaly is a fine pick as an early game card that has potential to be strong in drafts with a lot of inexpensive spells.
- Mana surges (also called mana elementals and manafiends) are aberrant elementals unaffiliated with the Elemental Lords. They appear wild in numerous places with large amounts of residual arcane energy, including Dire Maul. Once a mana surge consumes enough ley energy, it becomes more aggressive and twisted. The Mana Fiends created by Moam were described as "burning elementals crafted of pure mana".
- Mana elementals can also be summoned by powerful mages and bound to serve, similar to Water Elementals. Many can be found in service of organizations like the Kirin Tor, serving as guards or retainers. Arcane elementals are similar creatures.
- Mana surges and arcane wraiths are both types of "mana elementals".
- Patch 22.214.171.124662 (2021-03-25): Now reads: "After you cast a spell, give this minion +1 Health." (previously: "Whenever you cast a spell...").
- Patch 126.96.36.19936 (2017-04-04): Is now a Elemental (previously: no minion type).
- Patch 188.8.131.5230 (2016-10-03): Flavor text typo corrected: "Spacial" changed to "Spatial".
- Patch 184.108.40.20621 (2016-08-09): Added.