|Wiki tags:||Positional effect, Spell Damage-granting|
Sometimes he forgets and just wanders into someone else's game.
How to get
|Golden Ancient Mage||800||100|
- Regular Ancient Mage could also be obtained as a first-time reward for first time reaching Silver 10 and Gold 10 in Ranked mode from April 1, 2020 to March 25, 2021 (or as a reward of Climbing the Ranks (2/10) and (4/10) achievements).
- Minions buffed by Ancient Mage's Battlecry gain +1 Spell Damage as a permanent enchantment.
- Ancient Mage's enchantment stacks with other sources of Spell Damage.
- Starting in Patch 184.108.40.20651, stealing an enemy Ancient Mage-buffed minion would not transfer the Spell Damage to the new controller. This bug was fixed in Patch 220.127.116.1174 (WotOG patch).
Ancient Mage's combat stats of 2/5 are low for its mana cost of 4, but its ability is potentially powerful. By placing Ancient Mage in between two other minions, you can gain 2 Spell Damage. Ancient Mage is an excellent tool for decks consisting of many damaging spells.
Ancient Mage's Battlecry grants an enchantment to the two adjacent minions. Unlike ongoing effect minions like Dire Wolf Alpha, the enchantments are permanent and will not be re-placed by repositioning minions. The enchantment will stack with any existing Spell Damage on the buffed minions.
- Sometimes, I forget things.
- Where am I?
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Through the Dark Portal" series, for the card Belt of the Archmage.
- This card's art specifically depicts Ansirem Runeweaver.
- Year of the Gryphon rotation (2021-03-30): Moved from Classic to Legacy set.
- Alpha patch (unknown date, pre-May 2013): Text changed from "Battlecry: Give all of your minions Spell Power +1." to "Battlecry: Give adjacent minions Spell Power +1."