"Hey! Ancestors!" - Ancestor's call
RARITY=4 CLASS=8 COLLECTIBLE=1 ELITE=0 COST=4 CARDTYPE=5 ENCHANTMENT_BIRTH_VISUAL=0 ENCHANTMENT_IDLE_VISUAL=0
How to get
|Card packs||Regular, Golden||1~2|
- This spell is a put into battlefield effect. As such the minions are not considered played from the hand, meaning Battlecries and certain triggered effects will not be activated.
- If a given player does not have a minion in their hand when Ancestor's Call is cast, nothing will happen for that player.
- If a given player has a full battlefield when Ancestor's Call is cast, nothing will happen for that player, even if they have a minion in their hand (as opposed to, for example, attempting to put a minion into the battlefield and discarding it due to the 7 minion limit).
- Prior to Patch 22.214.171.12433 or Patch 126.96.36.19956 (2015-12-04), Ancestor's Call, like and , used to have a bug where the newly summoned minions were considered the oldest in the order of play, instead of the newest.
This is a great card if a high cost minion can be summoned and it is likely that your opponent's summon will be weak (if playing against aggro or spell-heavy decks). Also consider playing this card when your opponent has few or no cards, as they will gain no minion. Regardless, be prepared to deal with their minion if necessary. is a great card to have as a safety against big minions.
Ancestor's Call can be used to pull out strong cards that normally have downsides, such as with overload or and his battlecry. Be cautious, as the same benefit can be given to your opponent, especially against warlock with Doomguards or their many giants. The flipside to this is that you and your opponent may lose out on powerful battlecries. Druids and rogues have many minions with strong play effects, so it may be stronger against them.
You have some control over which of your minions will be summoned, since you have control of your hand, while your opponent may be unable to predict and/or play around you having Ancestor's Call.
Because Ancestor's Call allows you to play high cost minions for less mana, you will have more mana available to protect your strong minion. Consider using , taunts like , , or you can make a second copy using . Use spells, weapons, or minions to weaken your opponent's field.
One turn kill
This card with its cost has allowed for a few OTK opportunities using :
- #1: Ancestor's Call, , 2 , 1 , 1 . This combo costs 10 Mana and deals 32 damage.
- #2: Ancestor's Call, , 2 or , 1 or , and . Have Thaurissan hit at least three of the cards (except Malygos). This combo deals at least 32 damage and up to 46 damage.
The ancestors are a core part of the shaman's path. The spirits of those gone before, the ancestors may be spoken to provide guidance, or even to grant boons such as returning allies to life. The ancestors are treated with great reverence and respect by the shamans, and are one of the main sources of their magical powers.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Drums of War" series, for the card Kinivus.
Patch 188.8.131.5234 (2014-12-04): Added.