|Set:||Demon Hunter Initiate|
|Wiki tags:||Area of effect, Hand-related, Triggered effect|
Altruis betrayed Illidan to forge his own way in Outland. With Blackjack. And Netherdrakes.
How to get
Once the regular version has been obtained, the golden version can be crafted and disenchanted.
|Golden Altruis the Outcast||3200||1600|
Altruis is a source of repeatable board clear. He's best used in a deck with lots of low-mana cards. Consider using cost-reducing effects like Skull of Gul'dan and Raging Felscreamer with Altruis, potentially stopping expensive cards from clogging your hand. His effect is essentially Outcast, making him a great fit for decks using Outcast cards. Altruis has poor stats for his cost and will most likely be destroyed by your opponent on the following turn, so he's best played on a turn when you can activate his effect at least twice.
- ▶️By my fury!
- ▶️<death sound>
Altruis the Sufferer is a former defector from the Illidari. While he reconciled with his brethren in Legion, he still opposes Illidan's methods. He is one of two exclusive Demon Hunter followers in Legion, the other being Kayn Sunfury.
- Altruis the Sufferer is a renegade night elven demon hunter originally brought to Outland by Illidan Stormrage. He ultimately left the Betrayer's service when he decided that Illidan had become the very thing he was sworn to fight, making camp in western Nagrand with his nether drake mount, Nethrandamus, and making plans against the Burning Legion encampments there. Akama admired Altruis for opposing the direction Illidan was taking. He was eventually captured by the night elf Wardens, who imprisoned him along with the other demon hunters in the Vault of the Wardens. Freed during the Third invasion of the Burning Legion and although reconciled with his Illidari brethren, Altruis still does not condone Illidan's methods and wants new leadership for the Illidari.
Altruis' title "the Outcast" is unique to Hearthstone, although almost certainly pays homage to the similarities between his effect and the Outcast mechanic.
- Altruis the Outcast's entry music comes from Mardum Music, shared with Kayn Sunfury.
- Altruis the Outcast went through multiple drastic changes during the development.
- The earliest design was a 3-mana 3/2 with card text "Outcast: Add a copy of each card you played this turn to your hand."
- Another design was to change the text into "Cards in your hand have "Outcast: Deal 1 damage to all enemies.""
- Altruis' flavor text is a reference to a line from Futurama.
- Patch 22.214.171.124932 (2020-04-20): Now costs 4 mana (Up from 3). Now has 4 Attack (Up from 3).
- Server-side patch (2020-04-02): Now obtainable (locked from use until 10AM PT, 2020-04-07).
- Patch 126.96.36.199222 (2020-03-26): Added.
- IGN (2020-04-06). What Is It Like Going Behind the Scenes With the Hearthstone Team?. Retrieved on 2020-04-06.