The ancient Aldrachi were the greatest warriors in the universe. Imagine their power if they'd put the handle at the END of the blade.
Other versions[edit | edit source]
How to get[edit | edit source]
They are uncraftable and cannot be crafted or disenchanted.
Core set[edit | edit source]
Two copies of regular Aldrachi Warblades (Core) are obtained for raising demon hunter to level 1.
Two copies of golden Aldrachi Warblades (Core) are obtained for winning 50 games as demon hunter.
Previous availability[edit | edit source]
Prior Year of the Gryphon's rotation on March 30, 2021:
- Two copies of Aldrachi Warblades were automatically included in all players' collections upon unlocking the Demon Hunter class.
- Two Golden copies of Aldrachi Warblades were a reward for raising a Demon Hunter to levels 26 and 28.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
The initial 2/2 statline of the weapon is below average for a 3 mana weapon, even considering the Lifesteal. However, the strength of this card comes from the synergy with attack buffs. Demon Claws allows the demon hunter to boost this weapon's attack to 3 on demand for only 1 mana, extending its reach as well as the amount of healing it provides. It also combines with cards like Chaos Strike and Inner Demon for even more healing.
Aldrachi Warblades are an important source of health for demon hunters. Since most of their removal comes from attacking minions directly, this weapon's Lifesteal lets them freely clear minions in the early and midgame without worrying about their health, or quickly recover health in the lategame by attacking the enemy hero. Since this weapon is fairly fragile, it's important to save its charges for when you have free mana to spend on attack buffs.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- The aldrachi were an ancient race of proud and indomitable warriors, renowned for their might and incredible resilience. They were one of the few to ever stand against the Burning Legion; when Sargeras offered them a place in the Legion, the aldrachi refused, slaying innumerable demons before Sargeras himself killed their greatest champion, Toranaar, and ordered the Legion to bathe their homeworld in fel fire for all time. All that remains of the race are the Aldrachi Warblades, which Kil'jaeden bestowed upon the traitorous demon hunter Caria Felsoul, so that she might wield a portion of the aldrachi's might with which to devastate the races of Azeroth.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Year of the Gryphon rotation (2021-03-30): Moved from Basic to Legacy set.
- Patch 22.214.171.124310 (2020-04-09): Now has 2 Durability (Down from 3).
- Server-side patch (2020-04-09): Durability is forced to be 2.
- Server-side patch (2020-04-02): Now obtainable (locked from use until 10AM PT, 2020-04-10).
- Patch 126.96.36.199222 (2020-03-26): Added.