|Set:||Ashes of Outland|
|Abilities:||Deathrattle, Generate, Shuffle into deck, Stealth|
Deathrattle: Shuffle 'Akama Prime' into your deck.
"To many of my people, I am known as a traitor... as Illidan's lapdog. I will remain in the shadows, for now... Actually, maybe I'll just remain in the shadows forever."
- For other representations of Akama, see Akama (disambiguation).
How to get
Akama is a powerful early-game Stealth minion, as his 4 health enables him to survive cheap board clears in the early game. His true potential lies with his Prime form, Akama Prime, whose permanent Stealth prevents him from being targeted by the enemy at all, not even by Battlecry minion removal like Flik Skyshiv. However, Akama Prime only has 5 health to balance out his powerful ability, and he is vulnerable to Secrets, AoE and randomly-targeted damage or destruction. Akama can also be stopped by Taunt minions, since he has no way to attack past them.
Rogue can fairly reliably draw Akama Prime using Stowaway.
It is also possible to shuffle more Akama Primes into your deck using cards like Togwaggle's Scheme and Lab Recruiter, creating more permanent Stealth minions to control the board or wear your opponent down.
- ▶️A swift death!
- ▶️You've unleashed me!
- The elder sage Akama is the leader of both the Ashtongue tribe and the elite of said tribe, the Ashtongue Deathsworn, a faction of Broken draenei supposedly in the service of Illidan Stormrage. Offered a chance at revenge against the orcs who decimated his people, Akama allied himself with the night elf/demon hybrid and aided in the overthrow of Magtheridon, only to later find that Illidan was no better than the pit lord. To all outward appearances, Akama remained a loyal servant of Illidan and led his Ashtongue Deathsworn in his service — but away from his prying eyes, Akama sought to end Illidan's reign.
- Allying with Maiev Shadowsong, whom he had been charged with keeping imprisoned, Akama rallied a group of adventurers to enter the Black Temple, leading up to the final battle with Illidan himself — the battle that ended the Betrayer's life. With Illidan gone, Akama hopes that the Holy Light will fill the dismal halls of the Temple once more...
Akama Prime bears a strong resemblance to the Shade of Akama.
- The Shade of Akama is the dark portion of Akama's soul that binds Akama to Illidan's service. The shade was a reflection of all of the wickedness and evil that resided within Akama's soul: his egoism, vanity, and the lust and greed for power and glory that shadowed his outer piety. Looking upon the shade, Akama knew that it was, in many ways, his true face, and the broken felt incomplete, weaker without the darker virtues the shade also embodied: Akama's power, pride, and ambition. It admires Illidan's singular vision and wants to annihilate all of its enemies, perhaps even Akama himself in time. The threat of the shade kept Akama in line. At Illidan's whim, the shade could be unleashed and devour Akama from within, binding him to Illidan's will. Through Akama's spiritual ties to his Ashtongue tribe, it would be able to bind them to Illidan as well. Therefore, Akama followed Illidan's orders not only for his own sake but also to keep his people safe.
- Patch 22.214.171.124222 (2020-03-26): Added.