Achievements are self-contained game goals that offer challenges and satisfy goal-oriented players. They were added in the Madness at the Darkmoon Faire patch, along with the Rewards Track and revamped Quest systems.
Hearthstone's achievements system features achievements that are related to each class, the player's collection, ranked milestones, adventure content, Tavern Brawls, new modes such as Duels and Battlegrounds, and gameplay achievements that are tracked from match to match.
New achievements will be added with every expansion, future game mode, and major update. Some of the new achievements can be awarded retroactively to players that have already met the criteria. These are mostly done for achievements that are tied to collecting cards or already-existing trackers, such as reaching Legend rank.
Achievement system can be viewed by clicking on Journal icon () at the menu screen, and then the representation icon () at the Journal's navigation bar.
Achievement point () is a kind of resource that represents the player's accomplishments since they have started playing Hearthstone. Achievement points do not contribute anything to the player's economy, nor do they help the player collect cards and accumulate their collection.
Achievement points can be obtained by completing achievements. They can not be spent on anything.
Most of time, the achievements only reward achievement points and cosmetic items. To celebrate special occasions, the newest achievements may also reward XP ().
Achievements that only reward points will be represented by the point's icon, along with the amount. If they reward anything else other than points, they will be represented by a chest ().
Hearthstone's achievements come in several varieties. To help keeping track of all the different achievements the player can unlock, they can find the following categories in the achievements window:
There is no general rule to this category.
Gameplay achievements represent the player's accomplishments of playing games. They usually consist of special conditions while playing cards, or simply how many cards they have played so far.
- Gameplay achievements do not count while playing Casual games, Tavern Brawls, Friendly matches and Solo Adventures.
- To celebrate the newest expansion coming to Hearthstone, that expansion's achievements will also reward XP, as long as the player complete them before the next expansion is released.
- Although the achievements are labeled in classes, they do not require the player to play that exact class to complete, unless stated in their description.
Collection achievements represent how much their collection has achieved. In a way, they encourage the player to collect as many cards as possible.
- Collection achievements are not associated with Duplicate protection. The player must own cards and not disenchant it before meeting the criteria.
- Only achievements that reward a Cosmetic Coin or require the player to collect all cards in their set are associated with Duplicate protection.
- Only after meeting the achievement's criteria and claiming it will disenchanting a card related to its list not lose progress.
Adventures achievements represent the player's accomplishments in Hearthstone's Solo Adventures.
There is no special rule to this category.
Game Modes achievements represent the player's accomplishments in Hearthstone's other game modes, besides Solo Adventures.
There are currently a total of 3103 achievements, 37245 achievement points, and 16600 Reward XP the player can earn, along with a lot of cosmetic items.
- Patch 220.127.116.11540 (2022-04-05): Main scene now has a "Recently Completed" list of achievements.
- Patch 18.104.22.168904 (2021-04-13):
- Fixed a visual bug where Achievement XP and end of match XP gains could show incorrect numbers but reward the correct amount of XP.
- Fixed a visual bug where the Tavern Pass bonus XP displayed on the Achievement detail view would be incorrect.
- Patch 22.214.171.124662 (2021-03-25): Each category and subcategory of achievement now has a precentage bar that represents completion. Has a new appearance.
- Patch 126.96.36.199661 (2021-01-28): Fixed a bug where Collection Achievement progress could get out of sync with the current contents of your collection.
- Patch 188.8.131.52003 (2021-01-21): Achievements no longer require time to reload. Animation when the player confirms completion is smoother. Alerts for Collection achievements now only appear after the player reveals all 5 cards of an opened pack.
- Patch 184.108.40.206600 (2020-12-15): (Undocumented) Achievements now require time to reload.
- Patch 220.127.116.11614 (2020-11-12): Added.